We recently picked up a new developer named Runic that had started off by submitting some great patches to the BZWorkBench project. Since been given commit access, he’s added and fixed a good number of things. Here is some screenshots:
More screenshots, information and download links in the full article.
Here are the notable fixes:
- fix to allow per face matref to be parsed for pyramids in bzwb (Runic)
- add support for parsing “passable” attribute (Runic)
- mesh now outputs drivethrough and/or shootthrough (Runic)
- Added an XCode project for building on OSX. (Runic)
- Proper build system on Linux (BulletCatcher)
- Added support for downloading and displaying textures from remote URLs. (Runic)
See that last one? Yeah, BZWorkBench will now download textures from remote URLs when specified within the materials of a map file! This is an awesome addition.
Anyways, I have an updated binary online. Just like before, there is no installer. Download and extract the ZIP file and run it. This is built from the stock SVN revision 20937code. You will need the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 runtime, which I have linked below as well.